A compromised device can log everything you type into it, and mobile
devices are the most common way to use Two Factor Authentication (2FA).
- Device password. Create a secure passphrase and use fingerprint sign-in if
possible. Avoid easy to guess pins and sign-in patterns.
- Don't share your device. Don't get guilted by friends and family to share
access and passwords to your devices, especially if you use those devices
for your 2FA.
- Never give remote access. Some customer service teams will request
remote access to your computer to help troubleshoot technical issues, but
this is very dangerous and it is also the favorite technique of scammers.
So always say 'No' to applications such as RemotePC, TeamViewer, and
GoToMyPC. EMET Exchange Support will never ask you to install
remote access software!
- Avoid public devices. Only sign in from your personal devices.
- Avoid work devices for personal accounts. They are able to monitor and
record your activity.